The 2nd International Conference on Filipino as a Global Language will be held on 15-18 January 2010 in San Diego State University, CA, with the theme, "Transformation Through Empowerment in Filipino Language and Culture."
In an invitation sent out to various academic institutions in the Philippines, the organizers state the goal and aims of the confab as follows:
The goal of the conference is to provide a venue for the exchange of ideas among teachers, researchers, program
administrators, writers, and other agencies involved in the promotion and nurturing of the Filipino language and culture for the purpose of:
1. describing/sharing existing state‐of‐the‐art programs,
2. identifying program needs as well as available resources,
3. sharing ideas, research results, resources, assessment tools, and practices on teaching,
program administration, and language promotion,
4. fostering cooperation and collaboration in doing research,
5. raising consciousness on the importance of the national language to minimize regionalism, and
6. advocating for the establishment and development of Filipino language programs globally.
Deadline of submission of proposals and abstracts on 15 June 2009. Details of the conference @ http://www.larc.sdsu.edu/ctflc