This year's issue of the Cultural Center of the Philippines' literary journal, Ani, is featuring at least 10 writers from Northern Luzon. Aside from Hermie and Gil Beltran, the following will join the journal's 25th anniversary celebration as contributors:
- Santiago Villafania, outstanding intellectual and Pangasinan's most prolific poet
- Ariel Tabag of Bannawag fame, Iluko poet par excellence, Palanca winner
- Vicente Raras, upcoming Iluko poet
- Priscilla Macansantos, Ph.D. -- mathematician-poet, Palanca awardee, and former UP Baguio Chancellor
- Francis Macansantos,four-time Palanca winner & NCCA Writers Prize awardee (2003)
- Junley Lazaga,trilingual poet (Ilocano, Filipino, English), translator, and UP Baguio professor
- Io Jularbal, newly discovered fictionist, Rizal Studies specialist and UP Baguio instructor
The years get more exciting as creative writing workshops continue to churn out talents from the margins. A thousand cheers to Ani for continuing to reflect our our multi-lingual and multi-sited literary heritage.
Sapay koma ta kadagiti sumarsaruno pay nga panakaimaldit ti Ani, ad-adu pay ti mainayon nga mannurat manipud ditoy kasayotean ken kasaluyotan!